Providing financial assistance through scholarships and grants has been a primary goal and mission of WIF.D since the beginning. In 2013, we offer two grants and a college scholarship (undergraduate or graduate).
The $2,500 College Tuition Scholarship is offered to a female college student studying film, television, or video production in the North Texas region. Scholarship is paid directly to the recipient's college.
Our Scholarship and Grant winners will be presented at the 2013 Chick Flicks Festival in October at the Angelika Film Center at Mockingbird Station.
$2,500 College/University Student Tuition Scholarship Guidelines
Submission Deadline is June 29.
Applicant must be:
- Student at an accredited North Texas junior college or university
- Majoring in or primary field of study is film or video
- Consistently maintained a 3.0 average on a 4.0 scale
- Completed application form
- A brief essay, not more than three (3) double-spaced typewritten pages, on what inspired you to study film or video.
- A short sample of your work (online link preferable). Please include a clear description of the projects shown and your role in them. To send work on DVD, please use mailing address below.
- Letters of recommendation from two (2) individuals. These letters of recommendation must be submitted directly to WIF.D via our email address or mailing address (see below). Recommendations should be from a teacher or individual that has some knowledge of your abilities and is qualified by his or her background or experience to judge your work. If you are unable to find two experienced individuals to do this, you may submit one professional recommendation and a second from an individual who can personally recommend you.
- A letter from the College/University submitted directly to WIF.D via our email address or mailing address (see below) stating your name and status as a student.
- Self-addressed, stamped padded envelope for return of work samples (if applicable).
Please note, previous winners are not eligible to apply for this scholarship, but may submit an application for the Finishing Fund Grant.
Please complete the application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send to our mailing address:
Women In Film.Dallas
5930 Royal Lane Ste E, PMB 236
Dallas, Texas 75230
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2012 WINNER!
ERIN HEDRICK - Southern Methodist University!
- Josephina Ruiz - Youth Scholarship Winner
- Madeleine Johnston - Tuition Scholarship Winner (Video Demo)
- Lisa Kaselak - Finishing Funds Grant Winner (Video Demo)
Our thanks to all the applicants and the creativity that continues to grow in our area.